Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Not even outer space is safe from angsty melodrama


In the wake of the tease that was Virtuality airing on FOX comes news that ABC will pick up another high-concept Summer sci-fi show which may sate the nerd appetite (but probably not). Defying Gravity had me all excited until I read that the producer is one of the people behind Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty. In his own words:
"Since we originally pitched "Gravity" to the international marketplace as 'Gray's Anatomy' in space, getting the series on the network that has 'Grey's' and makes the most successful sci-fi show on TV in 'Lost' is a good fit," FtvS executive vp David Madden said. He describes the show as "having a sci-fi premise but being told in a female-friendly way."
Yeah, so fuck that. It may have Ron Livingston, who is awesome, but "Grey's Anatomy in Space"? Pass. Thanks a lot ABC for getting me unreasonably excited by a headline and lead actor only to take the wind out of my sails entirely. I looked around for a trailer though there doesn't seem to be one. Not that I'd want to see it now anyway. One day, someone will find a successful vehicle for Ron Livingston, but it is not this day. Now if they come up with a show that involves sending the cast of Grey's Anatomy IN TO space, then I'll clear some room on my DVR.


via The Live Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment