Monday, June 29, 2009

10 Things I Hate About A Slow News Day


You know its a slow boring Monday when bambat covers something related to ABC Family, but here we are. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only heterosexual male to admit that "10 Things I Hate About You" was a pretty decent movie, as far as rom-com Shakespeare adaptations starring Julia Stiles go. But at no point during the watching of that movie did I ever think "gee, this would be even better if you stretched it out over 20ish episodes and put it on ABC Family." Apparently I should have been more forceful, since they've gone ahead and done just that, remaking 10 Things I Hate About You as a TV series (for tweens). The trailer:



Wow, so its the exact same plot as the movie only with less attractive women. Isn't the token black chick the same token black chick who tried to ruin the Season Two of Heroes? My favorite part is that its the same dad from the movie, as if he had nothing better to do ten years later. And the artsy kid in the hat is back. That's nice...

The trailer I posted also featured some dialogue between the older sister and her lone boyfriend. This is what they had:

Artsy misunderstood girl: Why are people scared of you?
Artsy misunderstood guy: Why are people scared of you?

The end of this exchange is actually:

Artsy misunderstood girl: People are not scared of me.
Artsy misunderstood guy: That's why I find you interesting.

No joke. It's in this trailer (if you can stomach another). If you're still at all interested after reading all that, it premieres July 7th. Heaven help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment