Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SCRUBS: THE COLLEGE YEARS




Yeah yeah. There is a certain bambat bias that leans in the direction of shows like Scrubs (read: good shows). But who cares. It's not like there are that many big TV news stories in the summer anyway, so deal with it. More Scrubs.

This article comes to us via Spoiler TV. They say it comes from Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly, but since I can't find it on his site, we'll say they made it up. [UPDATE: it's from Korbi TV] But speculation sure is fun. Brett already told you Scrubs would be moving from the hospital to the classroom. But there's oh so much more.
Sacred Heart won't disappear completely though. Dr. Cox and Dr. Turk's students will end up seeing several familiar faces while doing rotations there every now and then... Braff, Sarah Chalke (Elliot), Judy Reyes (Carla) and Ken Jenkins (Dr. Kelso) have signed on to appear as guest stars throughout the season.

Well that's good news. What about the janitor and Jordan?
Neil Flynn (The Janitor) and Christa Miller (Jordan) have both landed series regular roles on new sitcoms, however Christa can do double duty on "Scrubs" since her new gig is Lawrence's other show, "Cougar Town," which will film right next door.

Sounds great. Can it get better? Maybe.
As for last season's newbies, Eliza Coupe, Betsy Beutler, Sonal Shah and Todd Bosley, the interns who were once rumored to be "Scrubs" future, I'm told Coupe will likely be the only one considered to return in some regular capacity.

Thank god the hot funny one is back. I'll be sure to tune in.
Insiders tell me the producers are busy brainstorming a new name for the show as well... something that will probably include "Scrubs," but somehow distinguish that it's different from the show we've watched for the last eight years.

If I can find it. Oh and one final thing.
The med students will be comprised of actors new to the "Scrubs" family, though casting has not yet begun. Lawrence did, however, mention that ABC is encouraging them to hire one big name, someone recognizable.

Sources close to the series tell me "Gilmore Girls"' Lauren Graham is currently at the top of their wish list.

Well fuck me. I don't know what to think here. I used to like Graham. Never really watched Gilmore Girls but she seemed cute and funny. Then I heard what a total bitch she is in real life, and I just can't bring myself to care much about her. Maybe she'll be good maybe she won't. bambat will tune in and you can be sure we'll let you know how it works out.

Sorry for the long post, but it's Scrubs so suck it.

Source: Spoiler TV

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you can get mad at me for liking Friends when you think Scrubs is am amazing show. Ok, you both can kill me now.

    ReplyDelete